Ophcrack is a free rainbow-table based cracker for Windows passwords (though the tool itself runs on Linux, Windows, and Mac). Features include LM and NTLM hash cracking, a GUI, the ability to load hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition, and a Live CD version. Some tables are provided as a free download but larger ones have to be bought from Objectif Sécurité.
What is ophcrack?Ophcrack is a free Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a Graphical User Interface and runs on multiple platforms.
- » Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, ...
- » Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- » Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista/7.
- » Brute-force module for simple passwords.
- » Audit mode and CSV export.
- » Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords.
- » LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
- » Dumps and loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition.
- » Free and open source software (GPL).
Download Windows : Download
Source : Download
Ophcrack XP LiveCD: cracks LM hashes (Windows XP and earlier) : Download
Ophcrack Vista LiveCD: cracks NT hashes (Windows Vista and 7) : Download
Ophcrack LiveCD: does not include any tables (if you already downloaded them) :Download